or to download as a PDF file
W6 WERTARBEIT has done everything to make sure that the product meets your expectations. However, if, in spite of this, one of our products is not working as it should, please contact our customer service team.
In addition to the statutory guarantee, we offer you a warranty in accordance with the following conditions:
- W6 Wertarbeit Projektierungs- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH (hereafter: W6) assumes this manufacturer’s guarantee, in addition to the statutory guarantee, for your W6 WERTARBEIT sewing machine for consumers who are entitled against the seller. It applies without prejudice to mandatory statutory liability regulations such as product liability law, in cases of intent and gross negligence, for harm to life, limb or health caused by W6 or its vicarious agents. “Consumer” within the meaning of this guarantee is any natural person who is the owner of the product and who has not acquired it to sell on or to sell it to a third party as part of their commercial or independent vocational activity or to install it with third parties. “First customer” is the consumer who first purchased the product from W6, a retailer or another natural or legal person who sold the product on or installed the product as part of their commercial or independent vocational activity. “Warrantee” is the first customer, who is the consumer and who has registered with W6 in accordance with the following conditions.
- This warranty is valid for a period of 10 years. The warranty term begins with the purchase of the machine by the first customer; it applies across Europe and cannot be transferred from the first customer. The warranty term shall not be extended based on the provision of services within the framework of this warranty, in particular not for repair or exchange. In such cases, the warranty term also does not start anew.
- The rights from this warranty can be asserted against W6 only after registration on the W6 homepage (www.w6-wertarbeit.com) under the menu option “Warranty registration” after stating the dates required for this. Registration must be carried out within one month of the date of purchase. The time of registration does not change anything about the start of the warranty period according to clause 2. You will then receive a confirmation of the warranty registration via email.
- As part of these conditions, W6 makes the guarantee to the warrantee that their products are free of material, manufacturing and design defects. Crucial here is the state of science and technology at the time of manufacture. The product must already have had the defect which caused the damage at this point in time. Claims for compensation for consequential damage or product liability shall exist only subject to the mandatory statutory regulations. Warranty for the usual wear of exposed parts, accidental damage, damage due to negligence or failures due to misuse, especially with regard to the instructions in the manual, are also ruled out.
- The following parts are not covered by the warranty: Needles, bobbins, light bulbs, carbon brushes, threading devices, cutting tools and all other parts which are subject to normal wear.
- The requirement for asserting a claim from this warranty, besides registration in accordance with clause 3, is proper use and maintenance according to the manual, compliance with the manual and the use of W6 products according to the technical instructions and care instructions from W6. In such a case, the warrantee is entitled to demonstrate that there is no causal connection between the improper use, for example, and the warranty case. The warranty is void if the machine has not been used properly and only for standard domestic purposes, and shall become immediately void if unauthorised persons carry out repairs or repair attempts or modifications to the machine, or in the case of damage resulting from mishandling or improper handling, environmental influences (moisture, heat, overvoltage, dust etc.), not observing the safety precautions which apply to the machine, the use of force (e.g. striking, collision, falling), unauthorised repair attempts, sending the machine in packaging which is unsuitable for transport. It is also void if the serial number has been changed or is illegible. All works carried out in this context must be paid for.
- The warrantee can assert these rights from this warranty against W6 or the retailer from whom the warrantee purchased the product by way of a written notification of defect to W6 Wertarbeit Projektierungs- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH, Bredenbecker Str. 13, 30974 Wennigsen, via email to: email@example.com or via the contact form on the homepage www.w6-wertarbeit.com within the warranty term. A further requirement is that the warrantee reports the defect within two months of the point at which he noticed it, or should have noticed it. The warrantee is responsible for proving that the warranty is not expired or void (for example by presenting the purchase receipt, purchase contract or similar). W6 is also entitled to determine the beginning of the warranty term according to the date of manufacture.
- In the case of a warranty claim, W6 may choose whether to repair the product, exchange the product, or provide the warrantee with a refund of the purchase price. In the case of exchange, the old product is replaced free of charge by a new product of the same kind, quality and type. W6 is entitled to supply a similar product to the affected product, in particular if the affected product is no longer manufactured, for instance, at the time the defect notification was received. Replaced machines or parts of machines are transferred to the property of W6. If W6 chooses to refund the purchase prices and confirms this, the warrantee shall return the product and W6 shall then refund the paid purchase price to an account specified by the warrantee.
- In the case of a warranty claim and if repair or exchange becomes necessary, please make contact with W6 first, as described under clause 7, and then, according to the instructions that you receive from W6, send the machine to W6 at your own costs and with the proper packaging and insurance. If you can, send the machine in the original box with the original polystyrene inner padding – this will largely eliminate the possibility of damage during transport.
- If a product defect is deemed not to be covered by this warranty, all costs which are incurred shall be borne by the warrantee himself, including any labour costs which were incurred during the examination of the product, as well as the costs for dismantling and re-installing the product. If, after being informed that the warranty does not apply and about the anticipated costs of repair, the warrantee wishes the repair to be carried out, he must also bear the costs for the replacement parts and labour. If the product did not already have the defect at the time of delivery, W6 shall decide in cases of doubt whether this can be removed as a goodwill gesture. In this case, the warrantee does not have a legal claim for the removal of defects.
- As well as the rights from this warranty, the warrantee is also entitled to their statutory rights. These rights, in particular those rights which are less favourable for the consumer under certain circumstances, are not limited by the warranty. The warranty also does not affect the rights which the first customer and, if applicable, the consumer, has against the seller from whom the first customer/consumer purchased the product.
The place of fulfillment for the obligations in this warranty is Wennigsen, Germany. As far as legally permissible, the place of jurisdiction is Wennigsen, Germany. W6 Wertarbeit Projektierungs- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH, Bredenbecker Str. 13, 30974 Wennigsen, Tel.: 0 51 09 – 5 63 63 80, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org